Our history began on 1 March 1948. The married couple Trudy and Adolf Erni lease the Grotto Cacciatori in Cademario. Nine years later they buy it and furnish the five guest rooms with running water and central heating. “Chicken on a spit” is served in the restaurant – a big hit. In 1968 the hotel is expanded by 12 double rooms, a dining room, and a sitting room with reception as well as a large kitchen.
Since 1986 son Andrea and his wife Elisabeth have now been managing the hotel with a fine feeling for the wishes of the guests. Under their direction, the hotel will be renovated and expanded in the coming years.
Their daughter Manuela and husband Luis now also offer considerable support in the family business. As a result, the history of the Cacciatori Hotel and Spa can continue to be written.